Thursday 14 June 2012

Interview With Tim Sharpe


As part of the build up to Free House Project on Saturday 23rd June, this is the first in the series of interviews for the guest DJs (assuming I get the others to agree, otherwise it might be the only interview!)


So, what music are we likely to hear you play?
I've been steering towards deep house recently, so i will be playing plenty of that. My biggest influence in this genre is a Dj/Producer Subb-an, so expect a few tracks by him and his style.
Who are your favourite DJs at the moment?
My Favourite Dj and biggest influence is a Spanish Dj, by the name of Bertech. He is the only Dj that I will listen to his mixes over an over again. His style and technical ability are beyound belief. Simply amazing!
And your favourite producers?
I wouldnt say I have a Favourite producer. I try and play tracks by producers who are not so well known. I think this makes you more unique as a dj. So that your set dose not compile of the same tunes as the guy before. Also means you have to pull your socks up when it come to crate digging.
What was the first track to get you into house music?
My progression to house music was a bit all over the place. A band called Ozric Tentacles was my first steer towards dance. From them to a phy trance duo called Eat Static. From that I then started going to techno free partys. I then jumped to Hard house and Hard Trance, which I played for 13 years up until I cought the Tech House Bug 5 years ago. I have always liked MARRS Pump Up The Volume, is that House????
Do you have any embarrassing records in your collection?
Coolio - Gangsters Paridise. Enough said
What has been your most calamitous DJing moment?
Luckly nothing too bad. Probably at plug and play years ago, bit drunk, chopping the mixer a little to hard and watching the volume button fly across the room.
And the highlight of your DJ career?
Getting phy Trance hippies to rave to Hard House/ Nu NRG at a rave I played at in South Africa, Bless em..
Can you cook? What is your signature dish in the kitchen?
I can cook. Would have to be Spag Bowl..
Do you like partying?
I do like partying very much. At the age of 35 I have done my fare share of raving!!! Although these days I preffer to to be behind the decks and in bed by 04:00
What is the best ever party you have been to in your life?
Best party hands down was haad rin beach thailand for the millenium. SAVAGE!!!! wicked music!!! luckily for me a DJ from Brixton "Guesty" was playing the main slot, an he played Hard Dance!!! Awesome!!!
Where were you born?
I was Born in Henley-On-Thames ya
Do you have a favourite hidden gem of Reading?
Hidden Gem of Reading for Me is Bar Iguana. Had some great nights there and met some fantastic people.
Tell us about Groovetech.
GrooveTech is my night. I've been going 3 years now, still gathering more followers. I have had the pleasure of Dj's all over the u.k wanting to come play. Even Italy.GT is stricktly an underground Tech House Techno night. I started it initialy so that I could play people the music I love. From that my music style has grown and matured. One of my Favourite night I did was New Years 2011. It was such a great feeling when people are having a great night and complementing on how its the best New Years they have had for a long time. Thats when you know your doing something right. I have also taken GrooveTech to other venues which have equally done well. Very Much looking forward to the next party on the 29th June, plug plug plug!!! Plenty more to come to. Can only get bigger and better!!!
Anything else you would like to tell us about?
I'm very much looking forward to playing F H P. This will be a great opportunity to play the Deeper stuff. Cant wait, bring it!!!!


Also check out his Deeper Groove mix, on our Mixcloud page.

No comments:

Post a Comment